It's important to slowly transition your cat during the first seven days and give the bacteria in their digestive tract time to adjust to breaking down the new diet.
We know cats can be finicky eaters, so we put together a few tips and tricks to help ensure a smooth transition to a healthy diet:
- Start with a small spoonful: Begin by offering a little bit of Nom Nom as a treat. If your cat likes it right away, then slowly increase the amount of Nom Nom as you decrease the amount of their previous food at every meal.
- Try a separate dish: Place a small amount of Nom Nom in a separate dish next to their previous food. This allows your cat to begin associating the new smell with mealtime. Then, begin to slowly increase the amount of Nom Nom as you decrease the amount of their previous food at every meal.
- Give ’em tough love: Offer only Nom Nom and withhold their previous food for a meal or two. Be sure your cat doesn’t go more than 24 hours without eating. If they won’t take to the new food, feed them their previous food. Then, try again at the next meal—remember, cats can be stubborn.
- Pretend to eat it: This tactic is especially good for cats who like to beg or steal food at mealtime. Our food is high-quality and safe for people to taste so you may get tempted!
- Warm it up: Warming up the new food can help—the smellier the better. Just pour the meal into a microwave-safe bowl and warm for about 15 - 20 seconds. Each ingredient has been gently cooked to the temperature it specifically requires so do not microwave for too much longer as to avoid further cooking your pet's meal and degrading nutrients.
If you're still having trouble after trying out these tips, please reach us at 415-991-0669 or email@example.com. Our knowledgable Customer Care team is happy to offer further coaching!