We use premium liners and dry ice to keep your pet's meals fresh in transit. Using recyclable liners and dry ice allows us to reduce our environmental footprint, while also allowing your pet's meals to stay cool for longer so they always stay at a safe temperature. Here are some common questions and need-to-knows about dry ice:
Why dry ice?
- Less waste: No more cutting open and recycling gel ice packs. Dry ice will vanish on its own over time so simply let the dry ice evaporate and recycle the bag it came in.
- Eco-friendly: Dry ice is made from recycled CO2 that already exists and would otherwise be released into the atmosphere.
- Keeps food colder, longer: With a surface temperature of -109.3°F, dry ice ensures your pet's food stays safe in transit. In fact, dry ice is so effective, some meals may even freeze in transit.
- Lighter deliveries: Your box will be lighter upon arrival as most or all of the dry ice may have disappeared on its own along the way.
How do I open my box?
- Take care while unpacking. Never touch dry ice with your bare hands.
- Make sure an adult is present. Children and pets should never open the box themselves.
- Once open, remove meals and place your box in a well-ventilated area away from children and pets to let any remaining dry ice evaporate on its own before discarding the packaging.
Any important things I should know about dry ice?
- Dry ice disappears on its own over time so there may be little to no dry ice remaining once you open your box.
- Rest assured—whether your meals arrive with no dry ice or some dry ice, frozen or not—all meals that are cool to the touch are fresh and should be perfectly safe to feed.