Switching your pet to a new diet should be done gradually over seven days to give the bacteria in their digestive tract time to adjust and ensure a smooth transition.
For this reason, we typically include seven days of 50% portion meals (Transition Meals) in your first order. Because cats can be more finicky, we do not include Transition Meals for our feline customers.
If your dog doesn't need transition portions (either because they have been eating fresh or because you'd like to manage the transition yourself), let us know so we can include full portions instead by following these steps:
- Log in to your Nom Nom Account.
- Click the Pets page in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the pet by clicking "Update profile" under their name.
- Under Transition meals, select "Skip" from the drop-down.
- Click the red "Save changes" button.
Please note, we also skip Transition Meals if you let us know that your dog has been eating fresh in the "Previous food" field of their pet profile (see this Help Article on updating your pet's information).